1. In Microsoft Outlook, select Tools > E-mail Accounts.
2. On the E-mail Accounts wizard window, select "Add a new e-mail account" and click Next.
3. For your server type, select "POP3" and click Next.
4. On the Internet E-mail Settings (POP3) window, enter your information as follows:
Your Name Enter your first and last name ex. John Doe
E-mail Address Enter your e-mail address ex. email@example.com (Use the Email Manager to create new addresses)
User Name Enter your e-mail address, again ex. firstname.lastname@example.org
Password Enter the password you set up for your e-mail account (configured in the Email Manager)
Incoming mail server (POP3) Enter mail.yourdomain.com ex. mail.yourdomain.com
Outgoing mail server (SMTP) Enter shawmail (Shaw), mail.telus.net (Telus) depending on your Internet service provider. Alternatively you can also use mail.yourdomain.com if you do not know the outgoing mail server appropriate to your Internet Service Provider. If you do use mail.yourdomain.com you will likely need to set the outgoing server port to 2525, this step 6a below. In this case you will also need to complete step 6b dealing with the authentication for the outgoing mail server.
Log in using Secure Password Authentication (SPA) This checkbox should 'NOT' be checked
5. Click the "Test Account Settings" buttton. All of the functions should report "Completed" and have a check mark.
6. Click "More Settings", when you are done click OK.
- 6a. If using mail.yourdomain.com on the "Advanced" tab enter 2525 under "Outgoing Server (SMTP)"
- 6b. If using mail.yourdomain.com on the "Outgoing Server" tab. Select "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication." Make sure "Use same settings as my incoming server" is selected.
- 6c. Optional - If required configure the number of days that you would like mail to be kept on the server after it has been downloaded. Check "Leave a copy of messages on the server" and then check "Remove from server after", this should be set to no more than 14 days. This may be required if you wish to have multiple computers setup with an e-mail client or if you wish to also use webmail please consult Email Clients - Multiple Email Clients / Webmail
8. Click Next.
9. Click Finish.
10. At the top of the window, click "Send/Receive" to get your messages.